After working for several years in healthcare administration, in 1995 I trained as a proofreader and launched my freelance career.
I am an Advanced Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP), and have served on the society's national council. In 2013 I was awarded the SfEP’s Judith Butcher Award “for significantly raising the national and international profile of the SfEP, and the work of editors and proofreaders in general”, through my voluntary work on social media.
I live and work in West Yorkshire (UK), near the Victorian village of Saltaire, and close to the vibrant cities of Bradford and Leeds. I enjoy the beautiful scenery of the area, including the moors around Haworth and the stunning peaks of the Yorkshire Dales.
Training and qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Literature, University of Lancaster, UK
- Diploma of the Institute of Health Services Management
- Editorial Skills, Chapterhouse
- Diploma in Copywriting (Merit), Institute of Copywriting
- Various Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) courses and conferences
- Founder and co-ordinator of the West/North Yorkshire SfEP local group
- SfEP Marketing and Public Relations Director 2010–2012
- SfEP social media co-ordinator 2010–2014
“Thank you for taking on this work for me. It is a great relief to have a professional both polishing the English and formatting the articles properly for the journals. With you in the production line, the research output of me and my colleagues (particularly me) has been greatly improved.”